I picked up four new air plants at Brimfield Flea Market last week, bringing my total up to seven air babies. They are lovely.
In honor of my new babies, I though I would share some tips about how to how to care for them, as dictated to me by the seller “Mother Nature’s Gifts.”
– Once a week submerge the plants in water for 10 minutes.
– In between soaks, spray the kiddos down with a spray bottle. I picked up one for 92 cents at Walmart.
-If the leaves start to curl in, it means they want more water.
– If you want to give them a fertilizer use either orchid food or Peter’s All Purpose at half strength. They recommended staying away from miracle grow.
– They prefer bright light all day, but will settle for a few hours of sun in the morning or afternoon.
– After the plants flower, they will make little air plant babies. Typically, one to eight new growths will sprout off the plant. Once they get to half the size of the original plant, you can clip them off and let them start their own lives.
Hope this helps!