So last year, if you remember, I had a May Day Brunch and it was so MUCH. FUN.
I can’t even.
It was actually really easy.
Here’s what you need:
- Crepe Paper in a bunch of colors ($1 at the Dollar Store)
- 10 ft copper pole from Home Depot (about $10)
- Drill and Bit
- Tiki Torch holder
The whole thing ended up costing me about $15 to make, which I think is pretty reasonable.
Okay, so the here’s how you do it.
- Drill a hole through the top of your copper pipe. The metal is pretty soft so just apply a slow steady pressure and it went right through for me.
- Bend you wire into a crown like shape, the same way you would to make a flower crown. Then using the same length of wire create a cross section the can go through the hole and attach to the opposite side of the pole.
- Measure out pieces of crepe paper that are about twice the size of the pole (20 ft) and start taping to the wire. Until you have as many streamers as you want. I did 10 because five people were coming.
- Store the pole inside until day of. It’s only crepe paper so you don’t want it to get wet or spend too much time out in the wind. Then move it outside.
- To stake it into the ground, you are going to want to have your tiki torch holder already in place, and then put the pole into it. I put about 6 inches of the pole into the ground and that was good enough to hold it.
And that’s it! You are ready to twirl and feel a little bit like a pagan or a fairy. It took about an hour to get everything together. Have fun!